Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Exhausted!!

This past weekend I had to make another long trip to Michigan. My Aunt Sally, my father's sister, died and her funeral was this past Friday. Brad had to work so this trip was just me and the boys. I didn't think much of this, traveling alone with twin babies, but apparently it made a lot of my relatives question my sanity. One of my Uncles kept coming up with "what if this happened" senarios, as if the only thing that was going to save me was a man. I love my husband and I'm sure he'd appreciate it if I relied on him for knight on a white horse sort of stuff, but I was a girl scout, took wilderness survival classes in college, and had a fully charged cell phone handy. So there.

Aunt Sally's service was nice, as far as funerals go. Saw a lot of people that I don't see very often. I heard a lot of stories about her. I'm going to miss her a lot. It's still surreal though. I can still hear her laugh and her voice.

Some other things the boys and I did this weekend were we stayed at Nana's house, my mother's mom. My Uncle George and Aunt Rita came out to visit. Reese peed on my Aunt Rita. He's really good at peeing on people. That kid pees more than any kid I've ever met. Some of my cousins stopped by too. My cousin Gaelen's girlfriend, Becca, is a natural with babies. I wish she lived closer. She can babysit anytime. The boys were flirting hardcore with her too. So funny!

One of the other things I like about going to visit in Michigan without my hubby is my mom feels more comfortable with spoiling me, with food that is. I think all moms do this. Even if one eats well at home, moms always feel like you could eat more. So I ate a lot and I finally got my favorite International Dog House Swiss Dog. YUM!!!

The ride home was stormy and long, but we made it. Brad and Bo got really comfy while we were gone, but they were happy to see us back at home. That is until Bo realized he couldn't sleep on my side of the bed anymore. He didn't like that too much, but he got over it quick.

Here is a picture of my Aunt Sally and my Dad on Easter in 1956.

No comments:

Post a Comment