Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 8, 2011

Product of the Week


I actually have two products this week I'd like to share. One is an application for the Iphone. It's called Baby Monitor & Alarm 2.0 by TappyTaps. This application turns your cellphone into a baby monitor and/or radio for when you travel and don't pack your own. How it works is I had to leave my phone in the room with the boys and when they woke up it would call my husband's cell (the number I programmed it to call). Some other features it has is I can choose to have my phone play a recording of my voice before calling the hubby's phone. It can be anything from, "Go back to bed you rotten kids"(I had to say it) or a lullaby. Mine has me singing "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes." Another feature is to program it to play a song from my Ipod song list before calling the hubby's phone. It can also play music to put your kids down at night too. It has different settings too as far as how long you want it to wait before calling you and noise sensor levels. All in all, it's pretty cool.


The second product this week isn't baby related. It is a kitchen product. It's the OXO Corn Stripper. I make this amazing corn salad that use to make me nervous to make. I was always afraid to cut the corn off the cob with a knife because I was afraid to loose a finger in the process. I don't worry about this anymore. The corn stripper is safe and easy to use. Here's my recipe if you'd like to try it out...
10 ears of unhusked sweet corn
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
one cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
one cup of feta cheese
Italian dressing

Warm up grill. While grill is heating up coat corn with EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Once grill is ready, cook corn and slightly char the edges. remove corn and let cool. Once cooled, use OXO Corn Stripper and remove all kernnels from the ear. When finished, you should have a bowl full of stripped grilled corn. Mix tomatoes and feta with corn. Drizzle with italian dressing (just enough to wet the salad. Now enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love the corn stripper! This is something we could definitely use. I don't have an iphone so the first one wouldn't work for me ;) I hope your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete